Retail/Trade Sales Assistant – no vacancy
RETAIL & TRADE SALES ASSISTANT, GLOBE HOME TIMBER & HARDWARE
1 x Junior – Casual
1 x Senior – full time
(Applicants will be shortlisted based on a complete application, see guidelines below).
This Retail & Trade Sales Assistant role is specifically aimed at ensuring Globe Home Timber & Hardware customers and trades people have a great shopping experience. We require people with a passion for retail with great customer services skills, exceptional personal presentation and the flexibility to do weekend work. You will be required to work quickly, efficiently and with a professional attitude in a very busy environment. Some of your duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform customer sales and service transactions which includes accurately handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards. EFTPOS, ZipPay & Afterpay
- Proactively engage customers in sales, answer any product queries, source and place orders for customers and follow through to payment and customer pickup or delivery.
- Assist unpacking pallets of stock in the Goods Receiving area.
- Actively promote products and services.
- Measure and cut timber and trims as required.
- Ensure your stock items are organised, prices clearly displayed on your shelves/area, rotate stock on shelves to ensure high standard of presentation and ensure stock is at optimum levels.
- Tint paint, cut keys and any other retail associated tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
The working culture at Globe HTH is friendly with a team dedicated to providing customer service excellence because we work to maintain a co-operative team culture developing good working relationships. Our customer focus is ongoing and we carry out continuous training around customer service, product knowledge and other aspects of the retail business.
Globe HTH is an extremely busy environment and you must;
- Recognise the importance of having and demonstrate a customer focus in your role at Globe.
- Be prepared to carry out all your duties accurately and efficiently when you are not with a customer according to documented procedures.
- Co-operate with all other team members, respect the ideas of others & build positive workplace relationships
- Learn & understand all your job requirements & have a good understanding of the Globe business.
- Be productive during your shift with minimum downtime.
- Be able to learn and adapt quickly to a growing environment
- Be prepared to participate in ongoing training and development of product knowledge.
Write a cover letter to go with your resume and
Tell us why you would like to work in this role at Globe HTH.
List the essential criteria (listed below) and indicate how you acquired these essential skills/knowledge.
- Demonstrate high standard of customer service
- Previous retail experience and passion for sales (essential for senior role)
- Follow direction & complete work with accuracy
- Work fast and efficiently
- Good level of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication and arithmetic skills
- Have successful organisational skills to meet work time-frames
Essential traits. You must be
- Dependable – work all shifts per roster and carry out all job tasks efficiently and accurately
- Punctual – arrive to start shifts on time, have a good attendance record & meet work time-frames
- Able to follow written manuals detailing the duties/tasks of the role
- Knowledge of hardware or building trades
Contact the Corporate Services Manager for a comprehensive job description, phone 8087 5382.
Address your applications (covering letter + resume) to the Corporate Services Manager and hand deliver it to Globe HTH 108 Galena St, Broken Hill NSW 2880.
Your covering letter must address the essential job requirements above.
No closing date.