Retail/Trade Sales Assistant NO VACANCY
RETAIL & TRADE SALES ASSISTANT, GLOBE HOME TIMBER & HARDWARE
1 x Junior – Casual
1 x Senior – full time
This role is specifically aimed at ensuring Globe Home Timber & Hardware customers and trades people have a great shopping experience. We require someone with a passion for retail with great customer services skills, exceptional personal presentation and the flexibility to do weekend work. You will be required to work quickly, efficiently and with a professional attitude in a very busy environment. Some of your duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform customer sales and service transactions which includes accurately handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards. EFTPOS, ZipPay & Afterpay
- Proactively engage customers in sales, answer any product queries, source and place orders for customers and follow through to payment and customer pickup or delivery.
- Assist unpacking pallets of stock in the Goods Receiving area.
- Actively promote products and services.
- Measure and cut timber and trims as required.
- Ensure your stock items are organised, prices clearly displayed on your shelves/area, rotate stock on shelves to ensure high standard of presentation and ensure stock is at optimum levels.
- Tint paint, cut keys and any other retail associated tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
The working culture at Globe HTH is friendly with a team dedicated to providing customer service excellence. Our focus on providing exceptional customer service is ongoing and we have continuous improvement plans in place for all aspects of the business. Globe HTH is an extremely busy environment and you must;
- Be customer focused
- Work collaboratively with the team and respect the ideas of others
- Be prepared to carry out all your duties accurately and efficiently when you are not with a customer
- Be able to stand for the duration of your shift
- Be able to learn and adapt quickly to a growing environment
- Be prepared to participate in ongoing training and development of product knowledge.
Tell us in a covering letter why you would like to work in this role at Globe HTH and how you acquired these essential skills/knowledge (below);
- Demonstrate high standard of customer service
- Previous retail experience and passion for sales (essential for senior role)
- Follow direction & complete work with accuracy
- Work fast and efficiently
- Good level of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication and arithmetic skills
- Have successful organisational skills to meets work time-frames
- Knowledge of hardware or building trades
Contact the Corporate Services Manager for a comprehensive job description, phone 8087 5382.
Address your applications (covering letter + resume) to the Corporate Services Manager and hand deliver it to Globe HTH 108 Galena St, Broken Hill NSW 2880.
Your covering letter must address the job requirements above.
No closing date.